id: 63 title: Nokia Lumia 800 Skin date: 2013-01-08T23:58:32+00:00 author: Pedro Lamas layout: page guid: https://www.pedrolamas.com/?page_id=63 fb_author_post_id:
- 4747344355432 dsq_thread_id:
Windows Phone emulator uses a basic skin showing a generic device, but we can find many alternative skins on the internet, like the Nokia Lumia 710 from Telerik, and the Samsung Focus from Jeff Wilcox.
Following up on them, I looked for one of the Nokia Lumia 800, but the (many!) skins I found looked quite bad, result of using low resolution images…
So, I created my very own Nokia Lumia 800 skin for Windows Phone emulator, and the result is what you can see here! :)
This skin uses hi-res images, and has the following fully working buttons:
- Back/App switcher
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
Note: though the “Power” is present and does the expected animation(!), this doesn’t seem to work on the Windows Phone emulator!
Here’s what you need to do to use this skin:
- Make sure the emulator is closed!
- Open the emulator folder (normally should be something like “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\1.0\”)
- Create a backup of the “WM7_Skin.xml” file just in case you want to go back to the old skin
- Extract the files to the emulator folder (note: requires administrator access)
- Start the emulator!